There are pros, cons, and things that are just kinda weird.
Pros:
- I get to follow my best friend around wherever he goes for the rest of my life
- He's mine and nobody else can have him!
- People around us are willing to put up with more hugging and general public mushiness
- Specific date to count down to
- New motivation to get better eating/exercise habits
- Things I would normally get stressed over I no longer care about. . .weird state of apathetic giddiness
- I kinda feel like a princess
Cons:
- The shiny diamonds distract me when I'm supposed to be studying
- Looking at wedding dresses when I'm supposed to be writing papers
- I'm perfectly content to just stare into space, and exhale with a ridiculous grin on my face
- Too much temptation to buy cute (expensive) things at Michael's
- Finding a colour theme that both bridesmaids and the groom like
Things that are just kinda weird:
- Everyone is nicer to me all of a sudden
- People that normally never talk to me are suddenly grabbing me in the halls and screaming "congratulations!!!!"
- I have to start thinking about waxing and lazering various body parts
- My girlfriends are offering to become my personal servants and do my bidding
- I found out I'm going to have to get someone to help me pee in my wedding dress!
- Sometimes people gaze at me as if I were some otherworldly creature. . .

I'm thinking, Elle, that some of your "weird" things might be able to fit under the "pros" category. I mean, personal servants?
ReplyDeleteI dunno. I think it's a lot more weird than good. Friends are supposed to be friends, not slaves! It's just weird what being a bride turns you into! Some kind of queen or something. . .it's just wrong!
ReplyDeleteNot servants. We just want you to enjoy your day. This day only comes around once and your friends want to help you have the amazing day you deserve. Love you.
ReplyDelete